CV-PASSIVATOR is a specially blended Passivator and Neutralizer, absolutely safe for after treatment of descaled metal parts. Descaled metal surfaces are sensitive to corrosion from the oxygen in the air and water must therefore be given an anticorrosive finish during the cleaning process as a form of passivation. In addition, left-over descaling chemicals on the metal surfaces or inside the systems may cause corrosion, especially so where mere flushing of fresh water may not remove entirely all the descaling chemicals.
It is thus important to neutralize the entire system after a descaling job.
Protect entire system against corrosion. This prevents equipment failure due to condensate corrosion. It protects the complete system by dosing chemical at a single point.
CV-Passivator reduce corrosion and formation of iron bearing deposits. This helps in keeping heat exchange surfaces, steam traps e.t.c. clean thereby improving heat transfer efficiency.
CV-Passivator forms protective layer on the surface of the metal and ensure complete removal of acid traces.
Usage Procedure :
After every descaling process, add in appropriate amount of CV-Passivator into the system and run circulation for at least half an hour.
- To determine the amount to be used , add in CV-Passivator until the pH of the cleaning solution reached 6.5 to 7.0.
- After treatment for half an hour , drain and flush circulating systems thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Avoid prolonged contact with sensitive skin.
First Aid :
- Internal : Drink plenty of water with citrus fruit juice. Consult a physician if problem persist.
- Eyes : Flush with plenty of water. Prompt medical attention is essential.
External : Wash thoroughly with water.
Note : This Treatment is OFFLINE and not ONLINE
Total hold-up water required for circulating CV-Passivator depends on efficiency of pump to circulate minimum water throughout the system ( Approx. 2000 – 3000 Litre is enough for circulating water throughout the system, so add 5% to this water and not to total amount of water in ONLINE condition).